? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "S BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Sunday, August 30, 2009

9 Lives

Cats are not the only things that have 9 lives. I have found that home decor can last just as long. When I was living at home, before college, I had bought a set of two white wall frames. One had three slots for pictures and the other had one slot and then a mirror. When I moved to college, the frames went with me and underwent many picture changes throughout the years, from high school graduation to college parties to college graduation. When I moved into my current apartment, the frames were spray painted black to match my new room decor. And then I decided that when I move again, I will take them. Although I am not sure if they will go back to their original white color, I already made a few changes. Their new home will be in the dining room or kitchen. I have already given them a new look to math their new home. I took a few pictures in Napa this year and wanted to frame them. So I went to Walmart and printed a few pictures and placed them in the frames. I also thought that a mirror wouldn't be as necessary in the kitchen, so I bought a pack of cork board (4 pieces) at Walmart for around $5 and transformed the frame.

And now the mirror is being given another life as well. It is currently in my bathroom with a white flower candle on top. I haven't decided if it will stay. Perhaps a collection of perfume bottles or jewelry would be more fitting, but for now it works. There are a number of reasons that giving your items multiple lives is great. First, it saves a lot of money. I actually gained a new item, the mirror, added new artwork to my home, and added another purpose to the frame, which now serves to hold a picture and the cork board can be used to post things on. And the total cost was under $8! Also, little changes are always fun when you get a bit bored of your current decor. And most important for me is the stress that getting rid of things causes me. I have trouble letting go. And I almost forgot, it was quick and easy. These changes took all of 5 minutes.





And now a bit more texture has been added to the room!

So, do you have anything in your house, besides a cat, that is in it's 9th life?

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin