? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "S BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Less Money, More Problems

I recently snagged this table from a seller on Craigslist. In my previous posts you my recognize it as the concentric table from Z Gallerie, a.k.a the coffee table of my dreams. With a steep price tag, I wasn't sure I would ever get it, but during my constant search of affordable accessories on Craigslist, I found it-condition, brand new-price, much more reasonable (about $100 less than in store). Needless to say, that was one of the happiest days of my lives (please take into account I have not been married or had children yet). The table is loving it's new home, and especially that it is not being used as a coffee table i.e. nothing is presently laying on it. However, I would like it to be functional one day. So I called a few glass companies thinking I would put a layer of glass over the top for protection so that drinks and (possibly) feet would be able to relax on it. To my non-surprise, a piece of glass that size was going to cost around $150. After already paying so much for my wonderful coffee table, this wasn't going to work with my budget.
So I did a little brainstorming...


I decided that a serving tray would be a much more affordable option. It can house drinks and snacks, and in the event that a spill occurs, hopefully protect the table as much as possible. Now, as for foot traffic on the table, that will remain minimal until I can afford a glass top.
In my search of finding a serving tray, I discovered the price can run anywhere from $30 to $70. However, I found a super affordable one from Target, and with a little bit of spray paint to add a pop of color, I think it will look perfect on the table.


*Just 14.99 on target.com

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin