? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "S BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

In The "Mood"

When my bf moved into his new condo, I was in the mood to redecorate. So I created a mood board for each room in the house, excluding bathrooms. He encouraged me to also create a garage mood board, but as exciting as that room sounds, I think I will save that for a rainy day.

To start, welcome to his condo. For a visual, you open the front door to face the stairs. To the left is the front room. Do you see that dark carpet? Yes, it is in fact a dark brown color...so the 80's! I know the pictures are extremely small, but I can provide the info on furniture and decor choices if anyone is interested.

If you keep walking towards the back of the place, you will reach the spacious and open kitchen. How many people do you know who have a fireplace in their kitchen? Well, that's one for me. To the left of that sliding glass door is one of two fireplaces in his condo. The room could really use a kitchen island to define the kitchen and the dining area. For now, that is a little out of his budget, but eventually it will happen! The tiny pieces of artwork to the right are actually posters from AllPosters that I had framed. I have given him quite a few housewarming gifts already. And he has been so lucky to receive the leather couches and Pottery Barn dining table from his mom!

Below are the reasons why I should never buy things on impulse. I had originally created a mood board for the guest bedroom (the second one shown) and within a few weeks, changed my mind and created the second mood board (the first one shown). I have to say I am much happier with the second version (and thankful that I wasted no money). A few items that are shown more prominently in the second he already had. The striped couch, which is conveniently a pull out, was also given to him by his mom. The coins framed in silver was a gift that I made for him, and the wood chair is something that I bought from IKEA when I was in college, and actually painted a bright green (it will match the room on the left perfectly!!!). The flower artwork in the room on the left is also from Allposters. Gotta love cheap wall art!






























Above are two options for the master bedroom. I really am in love with both of them. The first one shown is more worldly/manly, but I couldn't help but fall in love with the geometric patterned duvet from West Elm. The bedroom shown second features a pin-tuck duvet, also from West Elm. This mood board gives a more fresh/ocean like feel to the room.
Stay tuned to see which styles made the cut!

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin