? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "S BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

My First Visitor

I spent half the day last Friday preparing for my sister to see my new place for the first time. I definitely did not want to disappoint since I had spent weeks talking it up. I mopped, I dusted, I disinfected...And finally, I put the finishing touches on her room. I made the pull out couch into a comfy bed with a down comforter and plenty of pillows (even one with a picture of us on it-how cute). In a basket on the bedside table, I put a beach towel, bath towel, wash clothes and some toiletries as if she were staying in a hotel. She loved the extra touches that made her feel like a special guest, because she was-my first overnight visitor! Thanks for visiting sister!

And everything was taken from my stock at home. The basket was lying around. I took the towels from my abundant towel collection. I have a case of hotel toiletries that I collect from hotel stays that are perfect for traveling or giving to overnight guests. Depending on where you live, you can add things like a beach towel, sunscreen or Solarcaine-like I did since we live near the beach. I even gave her the red bath towel because I know she loves the color. The ideas are inexpensive, but thoughtful and really go a long way in making your guests feel special and prepared for the weekend activities.
So, in case this post hasn't made it clear, I like to pamper my guests-so please come visit!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I want to come visit ASAP. What are we thinking about the 20th-22nd?

micah said...

Love that basket idea... I think I will steal it next time we have guests!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin