? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "S BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Monday, March 15, 2010

I'mmmmmm baacckkkk...

Yes, I have been MIA from my blog for a while; 4 months to be exact. I guess a lot has happened in the last few months. I moved to a whole new part of the state, I was unemployed, I was employed very part-time, I was employed full-time by another company, shortly after I was promoted. As all of this was happening, I managed to put my blog on the back burner for a while...but the projects did not stop. Hopefully I can begin to catch up on sharing projects that I have completed since I have been in this condo...before I move again (which is next month!).

So here is a project that was very simple in nature...although it took me FOREVER to find the right shade.


So this is the standing lamp in my room. I originally purchased it from Walmart a little over a year ago. It came with a hideous lamp shade, not pictured above-that is the second lampshade living on top. In an effort to make my lamp feel more modern, without spending the big bucks, I bought a can of chrome spray paint from Home Depot for around $4. I spray painted the base, super easy! The hardest part of the entire project was finding a lamp shade that I liked. I finally found one at Target for $24.99. Total cost of a brand new lamp, about $30. I have priced similar style lamps at various stores and have not found anything less than $100 lately, so I would say that's a pretty good deal.



My pictures are horrible...I was just so excited to start blogging again that I couldn't wait until daylight to snap some pics.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin